61. That fellow is clever; he has .
A. brain B. a brain C. the brain D. brains
62. I beg ____ tomorrow's meeting.
A. to be excused to attend B. to be excused from attend
C. to be excused from attending D. to excuse from attending
63. Most restaurants are closed during the Spring Festival. ____ we had better eat at home.
A. After all B. Once and for all C. All in all D. That is all
64. I am sure Mary has been here and ____ .
A. did what required her B. has done what required her
C. has done what was, required of her D. did what has been required of her
65. ____ as much as one-fourth of all timber harvested is not used.
A. The estimate B. The estimate that
C. They are estimated D. It is estimated that
66. Commercial banks make most of their income from' interest ____ on loans and investment in stocks and bonds.
A. earn B. earned C. to earn D. earning
67. As the sky grew darker, it became obvious to us that the boys ____ to finish the game quickly if they wanted to avoid the storm.
A. have B. would have C. ought to have D. having
68. Little Marie did not go to the party. I understand that she was unhappy ____ .
A. so she could not go B. that she could not go
C. yet she would not be able to go D. that was not able to go
69. Home economists recommend ____ in large quantities.
A. to buy basical food items B. buying basic items of the food
C. buying basic food items D. to buy basic food items
70. Wood furniture does not depreciated in value ____ properly handled and protected.
A. if B. has C. and D. that
71. In the last ten years, there have been many changes in family life. Are these changes ____ ?
A. for better or for worse B. for the better or for the worse
C. for the best or for the worst D. for the good or for the bad
72. An Olympic marathon is 26 miles and 385 yards, approximately ____ from Marathon to Athens.
A. the distance is B. that the distance is
C. is that the distance D. the distance
73. Peter was ____ the football with him but he had forgotten.
A. to bring B. to be bringing
C. to have brought D. to have been brought
74. Contrast may make something appear more beautiful than it is when ____ alone.
A. seen B. is seen C. to be seen D. having been seen
75. We left the meeting, there obviously ____ no point in staying.
A. were B. being C. to be D. having
76. Nowhere in nature is aluminum found free, owing to its always____ with other elements, most commonly with oxygen.
A. being combined B. having combined
C. to combine D. combined
77. Physics is the present day equivalent of ____ used to be called natural philosophy, from most of present-day science arose.
A. which, what B. that, which C. what, which D. what, that
78. On no account ever leave the baby at home alone.
A. should you B. you should C. shall you D. you shall
79. ____ the center of our planetary system was considered as heresy by the church in the Middle Ages.
A. It is the sun and not the earth is
B. That the sun and not the earth is
C. Being the sun and not the earth is
D. The sun and not the earth is
80. The reason that his property was confiscated by the country, it ____ , was that he was involve in a lot of fraudulent activities during the war.
A. was turned out B. was being turned out C. being turned out D. turned out
61---70 BCCCD BBBCA
71---80 ADCAB ACABD