A. much too long B. too much longer
C. too much long D. much long102. You and I could hardly understand each other, ____ ?
A. could I B. couldn't you C. could we D. couldn't we
103. We ____ the visitor with an apartment, but he specifically asked for a single room.
A. could provide B. could have provided
C. couldn't provide D. couldn't have provided
104. The missile is designed in such a way that once ____ nothing can be done to retrieve it.
A. fired B. being fired C. they fired D. having fired
105. ____ , he would not have recovered so quickly.
A. Hadn't he been taken good care of
B. Had he not been taken good care of
C. Had not he been taken good care of
D. Had he been not taken good care of
106. It was not until midnight ____ the camping site.
A. that they reached B. that they did not reach
C. did they reach D. did they not reach
107. It is predicated that existing reserves of fossil fuel ____ by 2045.
A. have been run out B. are going to be run out
C. will have run out D. have run out
108. Only by increasing its exports drastically ____ from the present trade imbalance.
A. the country can emerge B. the country might emerge
C. can the country emerge D. the country might emerged
109. The more acid you add to the solution, ____ it becomes.
A. cloudier B. the cloudiest C. more cloudy D. the cloudier
110. The lecture said "It's time you ____ the literature review."
A. began B. should begin C. begin D. are beginning
111. ____ way you do it, the answer is always the same.
A. However B. Whichever C. Whoever D. Why ever
112. ____ producing methane, the process also produces carbon monoxide.
A. Apart B. As well C. Besides D. In addition
113. Einstein, ____ changed our ways of seeing the universe, did not learn to read until he was ten.
A. which theories B. that his theories
C. whose theories D. who theories
114. It is not so much the language ____ the legal jargons that makes the book difficult to understand.
A. but B. nor C. as D. like
115. The shop has sold many refrigerators of this kind and the rest ____ on sale today.
A. is B. has C. have D. are
116. The owner and captain refused to leave ____ ship which was sinking.
A. his B. a C. their D. /
117. The petrol station lies within ____ of Victoria's farm.
A. fifteen-minute-drive B. fifteen minutes' drive
C. fifteen minute's drive D. fifteen minutes drive
118. Some of his answers were correct, but I don't remember ____ .
A. what one B. which one C. few D. not
119. There is ____ man downstairs waiting for you.
A. any B. some C. few D. not
120. This CD costs me ____ the one I bought the other day.
A. as much as three times B. as much money as three times
C. three times as much as D. three times as expensive as
101---110 ACBAB ACCDA
111---120 BCCCD ABDBC