1. If there were no subjunctive mood, English _________ much easier.
A. will be B. would have been
C. could have been D. would be
2. If I _____ you, I’d join the army.
A. am B. was C. were D. would be
3. If he _______ tomorrow, he would find Mr Wang in the office.
A. comes B. will come C. should come D. come
4. If it _______ next week , the crops would be saved.
A. rains B. will rains C. would rain D. should rain
5. If I _______ it, I would do it in a different way.
A. were to do B. do C. had done D. was to do
6. Supposing the weather ________ bad, where would you go ?
A. is B. will be C. were D. be
7. If he had worked harder, he _________.
A. would succeed B. had succeeded
C. should succeed D. would have succeeded
8. If he ________, he _________ that food.
A. was warned; would not take
B. had been warned; would not have taken
C. would be warned; had not taken
D. would have been warned; had not taken
9. If my lawyer _________ here last Saturday, he _______ me from going.
A. had been; would have prevented
B. had been; would prevent
C. were; would prevent
D. were; would have prevented
10. If he ______ it, he _______ it.
A. had seen; could have believed B. saw; couldn’t believe
C. saw; couldn’t have believed D. has seen; had believed
11. —Do you think the thief entered through the window?
—No, if he had, I don’t believe, _______ broken the living-room’s window.
A. he would have B. he must have
C. he had D. should he have
12. —Did you go swimming last Sunday?
—No. We would have gone ______ nicer.
A. if the weather was
B. would the weather have been
C. had the weather been
D. should the weather be
13. ______ it ______ for your help, I couldn’t have made any progress.
A. Had; not been B. Should; not been
C. Did; not been D. Not; been
14. _______ today, he would get there by Friday.
A. Would have left B. Was he leaving
C. Were he to leave D. If he leaves
15. It is ordered that a new bridge ______ over the wide river.
A. should be built B. would built
C. will be built D. built
1.D 2.C 3.C 4.D 5.A 6.C 7.D 8.B 9.A 10.A 11.D 12.C 13.A 14.C 15.A