21. There was a teapot fashioned like a china duck, out of ____ open mouth the tea was supposed to come.
A. which B. its C. that D. whose
22. There is not a conductor ____ resists the flow of the electrical charges.
A. which B. but C. that D. it
23. A man escaped from the prison last night, It was a long time ____ the guards discovered what had happened.
A. before B. until C. since D. when
24. Moreover, in the modern age ____ human beings, depend so much on machines, Francis Chichester had given men throughout the world new pride.
A. when B. whether C. more D. ever
25. ____ we have finished the course, we shall start doing more revision work.
A. For now B. Since that C. Now that D. By now
26. It ____ be realized that football, in its modern form, was ____ organized and given rules in Britain.
A. has to, initially B. should, firstly C. must, first D. ought to, initial
27. He made a long speech ____his ignorance of the subject.
A. only showing B. only showed C. only to show D. only as to show
28. The mere fact ____most people believe nuclear wars would be madness doesn't mean that it will not occur.
A. what B. which C. that D. why
29. Britain's press is unusual ____ it is pided into two very different types of newspaper: the quality press and the popular press.
A. in how B. in what C. in which D. in that
30. Don't get your schedule ____ ; stay with us in this class.
A. to change B. changing C. changed D. change
31. It was to New York ____ he went in the hope of finding work on one of the New York newspapers.
A. which B. where C. as D. that
32. ____ before, his first performance for the amateur dramatic group was a success.
A. Though having never acted B. As he had never acted
C. Despite he had never acted D. In spite of his never having acted
33. By the middle of the 21st century, the vast majority of the world's population ____ in cities rather than in the country.
A. are living B. will be living C. have lived D. will have lived
34. Mr. Milton prefers to resign ____ part in such dishonest business deals.
A. than take B. than to take
C. rather than take D. rather than to take
35. No one would have time to read or listen to an account of everything ____ going on in the world.
A. it is B. as is C. that is D. what is
36. There is a real possibility that these animals could be frightened, ____ a sudden loud noise.
A. being there B. should there be
C. there was D. there have been
37. Bit by bit, a child makes the necessary changes to make his language ____
A. as other people B. as other people's
C. like other people D. like other people's
38. Clothing made of plastic fibres has certain advantages over ____ made of natural fibres like cotton, wool, or silk.
A. one B. the one C. that D. what
39. The treasury issued an order stating that ____ land purchased from the government had to be paid for in gold and silver.
A. henceforth B. moreover C. whereby D. however
40. In some countries, ____ is called equality does not really mean equal rights for all people.
A. which B. one C. that D. what
21---30 DBAAC CCCDC
31---40 DDBCC BDCAD