对待体毛的态度算性别歧视吗? | BBC News

对待体毛的态度算性别歧视吗? | BBC News

There is such a double standard.

这方面存在严重的双重标准。

Like a woman having armpit hair and a man having armpit hair is exactly the same thing.

就好比一个女人有腋毛,一个男人也有腋毛,这完全是一样的事。

Body hair and whether or not you should shave or wax, there's more pressures on men now these days to do that.

体毛的话,不管你是不是应该刮掉或者上蜡,现在男人有更多的压力要做这事。

As a man having a hairless body is about beauty but not masculinity.

作为一个男人,无体毛的身体意味着美丽,但是不意味着有男子气概。

In the case of women, having a hairless body means being beautiful and feminine.

而对于女人来说,无体毛的身体意味着美丽和女人味。

So you can't be feminine and have body hair.

所以你不可能有女人味又同时有体毛。

Hey I'm Frankie.

嗨,我是弗朗姬。

We're going to be looking into whether attitudes towards body hair can be sexist.

我们将研究一下对待体毛的态度是否属于性别歧视

I don't like hair to be honest, I'd rather not.

我不喜欢体毛,说实话,我宁愿没有。

Everything for girls needs to be shaved off.

女孩的任何体毛都需要刮掉。

Clean yourself, look nice for your man.

把你自己清理干净,让你的男人觉得你很漂亮。

I don't think it necessarily pushes any androgynous agenda.

我觉得没有必要推行男女都一样的政策。
I'm a bit sexist when it comes to body hair.说到体毛,我有一点点性别歧视。

Have you ever thought why you actually have those views in the first place?

你是否曾经想过为什么你在第一时间会有这些想法?

I'll explain in a bit what Kim Kardashian, a razor advert and Darwin have to do with it.

我会用金·卡戴珊(译者注:服装设计师,演员,企业家)、一个刮胡刀广告和爱因斯坦来解释一下这个问题。

But first are some examples when people have reacted really badly to photos of women with body hair.

但是首先,这里有一些人们对有体毛的女性照片反应非常不好的例子。

This model got rape threats.

这个模特(因为发了带体毛的照片)收到了强奸的威胁。

A rape can be seen as a way to express control.

强奸可视为表达控制的一种方式。

So here we could ask ourselves: is body hair something that is out of control and needs to be controlled?

所以我们需要问问自己:体毛是否和失控有关,需要被控制?

Arvida did get some positive comments too.

阿尔维达确实也收到了一些积极的反馈。

I haven't shaved my body hair in almost three years.

我几乎三年都没有刮体毛。

I realised that I wasn't shaving because I actually wanted to.

我意识到我没有刮是因为我确实想这么做。

I was only doing it because society made me feel pressure to just because I'm a woman.

我刮体毛只是因为社会让我感到了这么做的压力,因为我是一个女人。

The Billie razor got loads of people talking.

碧莉剃刀成为了人们热议的产品。

Ashley helped pulled the video together.

艾什莉帮忙把这些广告视频都整理到了一起。

Because that Billie commercial was the first to my knowledge to ever show women with body hair, the response was overwhelmingly positive, which was incredible.

因为据我所知比莉广告是第一个展示有体毛的女性的,得到的反馈是压倒性的正面,真是不可思议。

Of course like we got some negative response to it.

当然我们也收到了一些负面的反映。