BBC News | 颠覆时尚,这才是真实身材的样子

BBC News | 颠覆时尚,这才是真实身材的样子

This is what a real body looks like'

“这才是真实身材的样子”

I feel like a lot of people don't' feel represented at all in fashion and media.我感觉很多人都觉得他们在时尚上和大众媒体上完全没有代表性。There are people that didn't even wear their bathing suit for 20 to 30 years and

today was their dayand they felt confident.

这里有些人甚至20、30年都没穿过泳衣了,

今天就是他们大放光彩的一天,他们感觉自信。

They felt sexy.他们感觉自己很性感。They felt beautiful.

他们感觉自己很漂亮。

It's boosted my confidence.

走猫步激发了我的自信。

It's boosted my self esteem.

它提升了我的自尊心。

I can look at myself and say I am a real person, I am a human being.

我现在可以看着我自己说,我是一个真正的人,

我也是人类中的一员。

People self harming online, skin bleaching.

人们在网上做着伤害自己的事,还把皮肤漂白。

We need to get across this, get this out of the way and let people now we're all worthy, we're all beautiful.

我们需要跨越这个误区,把这些错误的认识赶走,让人们知道我们也是有价值的,我们也是美丽的。

We are damaging people's eyes thinking that this is normal and that is not normal.

我们正在做着损害别人眼睛的事,觉得那样的身材(译者注:指被修饰过的身材)才是正常的,那是不正常的。

This is normal.

这,才是正常的。

Right here, this is normal.

就在这里,这是正常的。

Me.

就是我。

A real woman, real body, this is what it looks like.

一个真正的女人,一个真实的身体,这才是身体应有的样子。

Here we are, full.

我们来了,完全的来了。

Every part of my identity on display.

代表我身份的每一个部分都被展现出来了。

In an act of power.

以一种力量的方式。

As a black woman with natural hair I wanted to represent for those women.

作为一个有真实头发的黑人女性,我想代表这类女性。

Every single person that could have been represented was and I feel like that's what we need,

每一个单独的个人都具有代表性,我觉得这才是我们需要的,

that's what the fashion industry needs to do.

这才是时尚产业需要做的事。

Feel very empowered strangely.

我有一种奇怪的充满能量的感觉。

I thought I would just feel really sick and nervous.

我以为我只会感到很不舒服和紧张。

But afterwards I was like, 'Oh, I'm so glad I did it.'

但是过后我觉得“哦,我太开心了,我做到了。”

If you're sitting at home watching these scenes on Twitter, Instagram and feeling, like, 'I'm not beautiful,I'm in a chair, I have a line, a tube, I've got scars,

I'm different.'

如果你正坐在家里用推特、照片墙观看这些场面,感觉,比如,“我不漂亮,我坐在轮椅上,我皮肤上有条线,身上有个管子,我皮肤上有伤疤,我和别人不一样。”

In any way you are beautiful.

但是不管怎么样,你都是美丽的。

Remember that and take that away with you, OK?

记住这点,并且让它伴随着你,好吗?

You are all beautiful.

你一直都是美丽的。